Tuesday, July 13, 2010

God's People

This memorial stone is not a story, but a stone set to remember the good people I met in Maryland. These are people who are good and kind, many are beautiful Christians.

At the mental health clinic Sarah always greeted us cheerfully and was interested in what was happening in our lives. Makeitha is the founder and director of the clinic and any time I needed to talk she was available and helpful. Dr. Rosinsky is an excellent psychiatrist. He always gave me as much time as I needed, kept close tabs on how I was feeling and what I was doing, and treated me with respect. He's an intelligent and insightful man and I appreciated him a great deal.

At the library I worked with people who care about each other. I never saw any back-biting nor heard any gossip. They are kind, trustworthy people. Mrs. Atkinson is the head of the circulation department and the epitome of a Christian leader. I have the utmost respect for her. Shelly and I shared with each other and sometimes got into a little bit deeper discussions--about God, the Bible, the Christian walk, cultural differences, and psychology. Then there's Martha, Marcus, Terry, Teresa, Dee Dee, and Michelle. My heart swells when I think of them. How precious they are, each one. I thank God for putting me to work in a place filled with such kind people.

Finally there's Rick and Dionne and their kids. Oh my. These are beautiful Christian people--how I love them. Rick is a good man and sensitive. I'll never forget when we were going through an exceptionally difficult time and he gave me a hug. That hug was so warm and supportive. And Dionne--I doubt I can convey her beauty. The first thing Sabe and I liked about Dionne was how she feels about herself. She has a strong inner core, she likes herself, and she knows she can do just about anything she puts her mind to. We were very impressed and set her as an example for us in self-regard. Dionne is also very intelligent, caring, fun, and interesting. I loved talking with her. We had great discussions that went on for hours. Oh it was so much fun talking to her. And I know Rick and Dionne are great parents--it's obvious in their children. And if all of this is not enough, Rick and Dionne were there for us when we desperately needed support. For four or five solid days they were there. They were there in every way you can imagine. God kept us from collapsing using these people. I am so thankful for them and their love.

I am thankful for all the good people I associated with in Maryland. God was so good in surrounding me with people who care. They are His loving people and they will always have a place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment